Help with first choice telescope please.

I personally have the baader but that's because skywatcher didn't make LP filters when i bought mine.

Baader have a good reputation for making good filters, and the Neodym has went through several revisions to fine tune it and get it right.

ypu might have to google a few reviews on the skywatcher filter and ask on the forum, but that's probably best for a new thread.

Here's a link to a comparison between the 2, i've not read it, so it will be worth you checking out.

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/71126-skywatcher-lpr-filter-vs-baader-neodymium-filter.html

Rich.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, if you begin and you want to buy one filter I'd consider a narrow UHC filter (Lumicon, Omega Optical NPB, Orion Ultrablock) first. It isn't usable on all objects but it helps more dramatically on emission nebulae and you'll keep on using it even at dark skies.

If you want something for more types of objects, I'd be tempted to pick a Lumicon Deepsky, a Baader UHC-S or an Omega Optical GCE; the Neodymium Baader filter is rather poor at suppressing light pollution and keeping the object intact (I still have one, but that's more as a planetary and moon filter).

Just to let you know i bought the skywatcher explorer 150p with the eq3 2 mount, unfortunately it has been very cloudy and i haven't been able to have a look throught it. I have to say im very pleased with the build quality of it all and it all looks great, cant wait to see the moon through it for the first time. Thanks again to everybody's invaluble information.

David.

Outstanding David!

- I've got my new baby last week (a new mount for my refractor) and I'm also waiting for clear skies to try it out - weather man says maybe Tuesday. Like you, I've set it up and admired it, and like many of us here, my Love asked me nicely (but very firmly) to put my toys away and not fill up the living room....

As you can see below, in my case, she has a point. :D

Dan

post-24566-133877553391_thumb.jpg

Archived