Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

which telescope?

Ben that was a very good video with a relaxed commentary and good visuals and it will help get any new person off to a good start. It would be nice if this video and others would offer some guide as to the difference you would see with different apertures. A lot of new people find it difficult to know how different an image would appear between a 6", an 8" or even 12" dobsonian. Even S@N magazine uses astrphotography to illustrate its visual guides which doesn't help any new person starting out as they have no idea what size of scope is being used.

Again, thanks for flagging it up!

James

Hi James thanks for the reply, good points about the apetures as this was a big issue when i was contemplating the purchase of my scope, due to my budget and limited knowledge i had to sacrafice apeture for the go2 capabilities of the scope . I have not been disapointed because it has helped me learn the night sky much more quickly than i would of with a larger apeture scope without go2.

Regards

Ben

Archived