NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

gradient xterminator messing up colour?

Whippy

Just playing around with some colour data last night and I noticed that gradient xterminator seems to mess around with the colour balance even in that parts you don't want it to, ie: the object.

The top image is the data prior to using gradient xterminator and bottom one is after, spot the difference?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tony..

post-13439-133877547463_thumb.jpg

post-13439-133877547471_thumb.jpg

I keep blinking the two back and forth and only looking at M51 and I do not see a color difference in the main portion, just perhaps some of the outer faint areas? Obviously the background changes, but perhaps it is just the perception of the color in the object being changed because the background is or were you referring to the faint areas?

I personally haven't really had this problem with GradientXTerminator, but it might depend on how you select the background and the settings you are using. Are you running it on the whole image or selecting with the lasso or using the MagicWand?

I personally haven't really had this problem with GradientXTerminator, but it might depend on how you select the background and the settings you are using. Are you running it on the whole image or selecting with the lasso or using the MagicWand?

Anna, I use it as per the tutorial so it's a combination of both lasso and magic wand.

Tony..

Thanks Peter, I knew there was a plugin that did something like that but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. I'll stick that in PS later and have a play.

I'll mail Russell Croman with this too and see what he says.

Tony..

Archived