NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another LX Mod Thread ;)

Stephen

So taking guidance from geppettos pictures and inspiration from Gliders really cool approach, plus the wiring diagram here - I've decided to have a go at my own LX mod.

My mod will be fine with just a parallel interface as I have an Expresscard / Parallel adaptor for my netbook so I won't be mucking about with serial / usb modifications on that front. Please feel free to tell me if this won't work!

I'm mounting it in a project box so I can utilize the coolest aspect of Gliders approach (the non pin bending / pad lifting) which should result in much less chance of breaking something important.

Shopping list :

Project Box £2.90

Switch £1.74

SIL Socket & Header £2.89 (This needs to be the 2mm variety and not the 0.1" or 2.54mm one!)

Now the following components were gratefully donated by smudgeball.

1x 4066B chip

1x 220R Resistors

2x 10K Resistors

1x 100k Resistors

1x Parallel Connector

In exchange I am making an additional donation to Comic Relief, but from what I can gather all these cost about £3/£4 (sourced from themos' post.)

So in total that's about £10/£11 for everything.

Hopefully this should all be here tomorrow, pictures to follow as soon as I get cracking assembling it all.

Comments / criticisms / parts forgotten please do leave below - jumping in at the deep end once again :)

Stephen

Archived