NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon with a point and click

Sharpiejas

This is my first attempts at imaging, using my SW150p and a Panasonic dmc-fx33. It was quite hard to get a decent focus, i had to keep trying to hold the camera at different angles. Is there any kind of mount that can be used for non Dslr cameras?

Moon 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Moon 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Moon 3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also, can anyone tell me how to insert my images into the post.

Thanks, Jason

Is there any kind of mount that can be used for non Dslr cameras?

You could look at this gadget, sold on Ebay:

New Universal Scope to Digital Camera Mount Adapter on eBay (end time 21-Mar-11 21:56:01 GMT)

There's a grip which clamps round the eyepiece, and a platform with a screw that holds the camera, the way a tripod would. You can adjust the position of the platform to make the lens look into the eyepiece.

I bought one to use with my birding scope, but apart from a few tests, I haven't really done anything with it, but it seems to work. A few comments:

Your camera probably has a viewfinder, separate from the lens. You won't be able to use this, because it's not in the right place. You'll need to use live view and the screen on the back of the camera.

You need to think about whether you want to clamp anything to your eyepiece! And once you set this up, you're not easily going to swap to a different EP.

If you fit this to your scope, remember to leave enough space in front of the camera for the lens to extend when you switch it on.

Mary

Archived