Turning scope

Hi All,

over the last week or so I've had a few nights out with the scope but must admit when moving the scope which is on a eq3 mount from looking west to east or vise-versa I have to keep turning the scope so I can get to th eeyepiece comfortably, Does everyone have to do this or am I doing something completely stupidly wrong (wouldnt be the first time either) and also Do any of you use 90' finderscopes with reflectors as Im sure these would be better than trying to climb over the scope without knocking it everywhere to find stuff. Ok moan over.

Kev.

Lol Kev - you're not alone - we all do that. And yes I have a preference for right angle finders - I use an Orion Raci on two of my scopes.

There's a thread I was reading earlier with a very nice solution to the "tube turning" syndrome. Something to do with a garden hose and large bulldog clips. I'll post here if I can find it for you :(

Archived