ETX80 problem

Last night was the first clear sky in ages so I set the little scope up only to have the following appear on my controller readout- 'Proc.Trap2' . The electronic side of the scope is completely dead and no amount of disconnecting/re-connecting the batteries etc would change the read out, have any other etx users come across this? I am really cheesed off with this as last nights would of been perfect.

Looks like the celestron 8" will be on order sooner than expected at this rate!!!

Many thanks

Derek

You might want to take a gander at this site;

Weasner's Meade Autostar Information

Looks like you Autostar has lost its configuration settings. Many sites states this cannot be reset by the user but if you are able to communicate with the handset via a serial PC connection you may be able to reflash it with the original/new firmware?

Good luck with whatever you try.

Gary

Try this out..... found it on the Net

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ETXASTRO/message/3177

The final thing you can try is a Safe Load and reload the

Autostar firmware from a PC.

Double-click on the ASU361.exe to install it,

Unzip (if you don't have it, get WinZip from WinZip - Windows Zip Utility - Zip Files, Unzip Files )

the Build.zip file to create the Build26ec.rom file,

and place it in the Ephemerides folder under:

C:\Program Files\Meade\ASU\Ephemerides

Hook up all of the cables, have the PC running.

Hold the ENTER and SCROLL DOWN keys on the autostar, and

turn on the telescope power (a third hand helps).

If it can, the display will say: FLASH LOAD (or something

like that).... then it will flip to:

"Downloading... do not turn off".

Start the Updater... it will probably ask if you are

performing a Safe Load. Click the big [update Now]

button.

It will reload your Autostar with new firmware.

Hope it does the trick

Simon

Thanks guys but I do not have a clue how to download things, it takes me all my time to use the internet thingymebob. Looks like I will use it for viewing the moon and wait for my birthday present. (roll on Sept!).

Is there no one where you at that could do it, Anglesey or Crete, you will need the correct lead for the download. Or a shop that would oblige for a fee.

Not sure if Crete is a short break, long stay or permanent. So bit difficult to offer more specifiec advice.

Archived