help... challenge

morning guys

i took these 2 pictures last night one is off in the area i beleive is regulas

(set 1) taken eastly i think the bright star is regulas

set 2 was taken more north (you may be able to see the plough in there)

im seem to be quite rubbish with these pictures :p cnt get the detail you guys get but i thought id post the raw files onto here see if some one can get a better pic to me

also in set 1 theres a strange blob... thats present in every pic any ideas? and set 2 2 strange blobs but only after combined

pictures were taken on a 300d

135mm manual lens (m on camera)

5.6stopped

5 seconds each at 25 pictures with 15 seconds between each one

SET1DONE.jpg

set2done.jpg

darks : files.me.com/garethmob/x6w3ea

set 1 : files.me.com/garethmob/dt3q19

set 2 : files.me.com/garethmob/qk6c1f

thanks guys :)

Consider it moved Gareth :)...

I'm not sure at those settings you're going to get much in the way of detail in the image. How wide can the 135 go ? Open it up and push the ISO as hard as you can... you might need to think about 1600... I'd also think about taking maybe 40 exposures for stacking... Don't forget darks, you'll probably need them.

thanks jgs001 :)

i'll give the iso a up to 1600 tonight looks like another clear night :p so 40 pictures? i'll give it a try i only learnt last week i could change iso in bulb mode..... i only had the lens stopped down cos of the lp in the garden but i'll give it a go :)

thanks again :)

Archived