NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pulse guiding in Maxim - Help needed please.

ribuck

Hi all,

Had yet more guide woes tonight, which are usually ST4 guide cable related as they seem to break quite easily for me.

I use maxim DL and Eqmod and Wondered if some kind person could give me a few pointers or point me in the direction of a good setup guide.

I have a QHY5 and a HEQ5 Pro mount which i currently guide via ST4 direct from the camera to the mount. I'm assuming that, i can do away with the ST4 cable and guide with my camera just having it's USB connection which it then feeds back to the Eqascom software ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich.

Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up. Martins guide is good, but it doesn't cover pulse guiding.

I need to confirm the settings for the guide output, some say the output setting should be set to Telescope and other say it should be set to Ascom Direct, so i'm just trying to understand the right method and any additional settings that need to be set in Eqascom.

Rich.

Hi all,

I'm desperate for help, as i've finally got another clear night and i'm having loads of guider setup issues.

Normally i use ST4 but have decided to move to Pulse guiding, but just can't get it working.

Can someone please advise on the correct settings i should be using so that both Maxim DL, ccd commader and my planetary software can all to to Eqascom.

I've tried setting the guider as both Telescope and Ascom direct and then selecting Emod option but i can't get it to talk and i'm unable to move the mount in Maxim if it set it this way.

Then i read somewhere that you need to configure things as a hub so i tried generic hub and POTH hub and still no joy, so would be greatful if someone can point me in the right direction and put me out of my misery.

Rich.

Looks the like the root cause of the problem was the communications timing out due to the my laptop CPU being maxed out by FocusMax (i.e. FocusMax Stealing 99% of the cpu)

now i just need to figure out why focusmax is hammering the cpu even after reinstall. very odd indeed seing the laptop has just been freshly built with XP.

1 step forward and 2 steps back........Hopefully i'll get a stable platforn in the end.....

Archived