Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yippeee!!!

Well i have at last got a scope a skywatcher explorer 130p synscan az goto .

First impressions it seems well put together but i have yet to delve into the electronics .

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on using it or any good worthwhile bits to enhance what i have.

Take your time, try it first during the day - much easier then falling over bits when cold and dark.

Use it for 3 months to get used to it.

Don't delve into the electronics, leave the electronics alone.

Line the thing up as best you can to its preferred initial position before you start the alignment procedure.

Only enhancement for the first 3 months is a couple of eyepieces, possibly a collimator - it is f/5, mains power supply.

Don't delve into the electronics, leave the electronics alone.

I think he means that he's not played with the GOTO system yet... not started ripping it apart to see how it works :)

Yes Pook thats what i meant to say ,i wont start taking bits apart for at least a few weeks

It has about 5 aa batteries to power it at the moment and im sure they wont last 5 minutes ,is there a power pack available or any other way to keep it going ?

Archived