NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Widescan III eyepieces

Who's tried these eyepieces? Only there's a set of four selling on AB&S for £145. I've seen the 30mm 2" alone for £229!! I want a decent set of EPs that will be parfocal and offer a good range, that will be more than capable with my f/5 scope. Any comments?

Andrew

In medium to long focal length scopes they work very well - the 13mm almost rivals the 13mm Nagler IMHO. I'll be interested to see how they perform in my 8 inch F6 Dob (when the clouds allow) - I'm expecting so-so performance to be honest :D - that's why I have built up my set of Tele Vue plossls.

I'm afraid at F5, if you want good wide field eyepieces, especially in the 1.25 inch size, you will need to spend relatively big bucks -Tele Vues are designed and tested to work well at F4 - which is why they cost a few bob more !!. The best solution might be to look at the 2inch format Revelation EP's that people like Telescope House sell - they are supposed to perform pretty well for the price.

John

The best solution might be to look at the 2inch format Revelation EP's that people like Telescope House sell - they are supposed to perform pretty well for the price.

thanks a lot John. It's funny, I was just thinking about getting myself the 42mm Revelation EP from TH just last night. £50 isn't too bad at all.

Andrew

I can vouche for the fact that Hyperions work well at f4.5.

I've been wondering about Hyperions - they seem to be getting good reviews - it's good to know that they hold up in short focal length scopes as well - that's the real test of a quality wide field eyepiece.

John

Archived