NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2264 The Cone - Unmodded Canon

Sparrow

Well this is work in progress - So far I've only managed to get 2 hours 50 minutes of data, of which 1 hour is less than good quality. I thought I'd post it anyway. Ultimately I'd like to get about 4 hours of good quality subs, so I may not be able to finish this now until later this year.

It has to be the hardest target I've tried so far with the unmodded canon - getting enough signal is proving a real headache - especially with poor seeing conditions. I'm still struggling with an horrendous gradient problem which I haven't got to the route of yet.

52 x 5/6 minute subs at ISO800 (increased to 6 minutes as the sky allowed) with the Canon EOS1000D throught the 8" Newt

post-14401-133877540676_thumb.jpg

Very well done. For a standard camera you have picked up lots of Ha and it looks very smooth indeed. Great focus too.

On colour (it might just be me) I think the blues have a green caste which Selective Colour would allow you to adjust if you wanted to.

Don't be disappointed with that, it is splendid.

Olly

Thanks for that Olly - I think you might be right about the colour - I think I'd been processing it and looking at it for that long, that my eyes weren't seeing the colours properly any more :)

Archived