Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 + M82, M45 and The Double Cluster

LunarLight

Eventually a cloudless night!!

I got two photographs last night, these are my first proper guided images. I am also posting a image took back in january which was the first attempted guided image.

First: Bodes Galaxies

12 x 5 minute subs. darks and poor flats.

This was taken in January, and is my first guided image. Perhaps slightly over processed but I accidentally deleted the raw images and thus I cant reprocess it. Also I never had a coma corrector at this point so there is some coma in this

bodesmaller.jpg

Second: M45

Taken Last night

this 19 x 5 minute subs, with 36 x5 min darks, 30 flats and bias frames included.

I have an issue with some strange glow and reflections in this image which if I figure out how to solve it then I will repost a better image. As a note the 6 diffraction spikes are due to one set of supports for the secondary mirror being slightly tilted a minor problem which aint to bad I think.

m45withgradient.jpg

Thirdly is a very quick double cluster.

Taken last night

this is 12 x 2 minute subs, with darks flats and bias.

unfortunately I had a lot of trouble guiding with this object, its probably due to the fact that by this stage it was getting foggy and thus both the guide image and main image are not exactly perfect. but meh its the first chance I have had to image in a LONG LONG time!

rougheditc14.jpg

Thanks for looking, feedback, comments, advice all appreciated.

Mark

Archived