Largest scope on Skywatcher Goto?

Hi guys,

I have a skyhawk 1145p goto and was wondering what the largest reflector or refractor was that the mount could handle? I have the one with steel legs if that helps...

In particular I was looking at the Vixen A80MF or Explorer 150P. Any advice or suggestions?

Hi, there

I use the same mount and tripod with a 127 Mak, which I suspect is about the limit on this mount. That said, the mount is more robust than I was expecting, and I'm pleased with its performance.

But a 150p would definitely be one step beyond - really not a good idea. Look up the weight of a 127 (ota only) on FLO, and I would suggest that you would be OK with a similar weight or less, as long as it isn't too long and unwieldy, which will give you balance issues.

So, a long 'frac like a TAL 100RS would not be good - well, actually, it would be EXCELLENT - just, not on this particular mount :)

Hi and thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I will have to use my SkyHawk for now and upgrade the lot sometime in the future. I have seen some of those great william optics scopes on these mounts so maybe there's an option....

Archived