Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

weather forcast correct

paler31

Well the weather forcast was correct and it was a clear night on sunday which gave me a chance to try out my new finderscope autoguider set up. I picked an easy target of M42 managed to get a focus through my finder and onto my qhy5 sensor, picked a guide star and PHD only took 5 minutes to lock on. Started up my dslr and took a 2min image and on looking closley the stars were round with no coma, "Success" it worked after taking some more 2 min exposures I noticed i was starting to get trails in my stars. "oh no" i thought whats going on, occasionally I could hear a creak from my mount and thought maybe it was not balanced properly then I noticed my celestron powertank was saying it needed charged. What a time to run out of power. I am hoping that it will be another clear night tonight and I can have another go. :)

Archived