NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

UHC/OIII

Hi Andy, I think you should get a seperate light pollution filter to cope with lp, a UHC or OIII are more specialized, they help with observing nebulae as they are tuned to the light transmission from these objects allowing us to view them with a bit more detail :glasses1:,

Hi Alan I shoud of stated that I am more intrested in DSO's rather than the planets or luner.

Andy, you may already be aware that both OIII and UHC are only good for observing nebulae, other dso's like galaxies will not show up any better. Not to sound cheeky, the best thing would be to observe from as dark a location as you can. Of course if its not that practical and you do suffer lp then you should see an improvement with the standard lp filters.

I used to have a UHC and when its coatings failed (nothing to do with its being a UHC) I bought an O111. I wouldn't get too worked up over the difference, personally. It might be worth asking folks who have the same kind of sky as you do.

Olly

I think I'll go for the standard LP filter then, it'll save me a couple of quid ( whitch I don't have due to recent buy's )aswell. Great stuff, Thank's alot guy's all the best.

I think I'll go for the standard LP filter then, it'll save me a couple of quid aswell. Great stuff, Thank's alot guy's all the best.

Any chance you could try one from a local society? always worth trying anything before buying, might save you some pennies :glasses1:

Archived