Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

GordonH

Hi

I got back from Astrofest in London and the following night the weather looked ok so I took some Ha data on IC410. I managed to get 9x30 minutes before it ducked behind a distant tree. This was taken with theTakahashi FSQ106ED at f5 with a Starlight Xpress SXVF H9 camera on a Paramount ME, auto guiding was done with a lodestar and OAG using dithering. The only processing done was levels, curves and contrast. For comparison I took a picture of this with the Takahashi BRC-250/H36 combination 2 years ago using 10 minute sub frames, this can be seen on the nebulae page of the image gallery on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

The full size high resolution image can be seen at IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

I will be doing the OIII and SII data at the earliest opportunity as this is a good narrow band target for tri-colour imaging

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877529133_thumb.jpg

Archived