NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 30-01-2011 vs 06-10-2010

Midpoint

Last night, I managed to get out and have a quick 15 minutes imaging Jupiter before the clouds rolled in.

When I processed the image, I didn't think it was all that different to any of my other images apart from what appears to be the SEB returning. However, I then went to compare it with some of my images from last year and I was quite surprised by how much Jupiter had changed.

Ignoring the colour differences (I couldn't remember what settings I used previously in Registax), you can clearly see how much more the darker clouds have spread out over the southern hemisphere. You can hardly make out the GRS in there. And what a difference four months has made to the size! I'm really going to miss those nice large views we had of Jupiter last year.

Time to have a hunt around to see if I have any images worth comparing these to.

post-20251-133877526047_thumb.png

Archived