NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dalby 2004/ Dark Skies Campaign

barkis

Hi. everyone,

This link was provided by Green Witch . As most UK astronomers are aware, there is an exercise going to take place to determine the extent of

light pollution throughout the length and breadth of our land. I think the link will provide the info.

http://britastro.org/baa/content/view/195/171/

Also, if any out there are interested, I made a DVD from some camcorder footage of the 2004 Dalby Starfest. Some of you who attended that year may see your own scope. The quality is not brilliant, but not too bad either. There is one sequence which consists of a long look at the grass in Adderston field. I forgot to stop recording you see. But the conversation was not bad. If the person concerned recognizes himself, please let me know.

I can make a couple of copies and send them to whoever would like one, and they in turn can send them on. If the demand exists that is.

There is a slide sequence at the end of the video, which is from the 2005 visit. That may be totally boring to you, so just switch off

Archived