moore books

hi its ash from north wales. i have a patrick moore book called guide to stars and planets which is interesting as it talks about the solar system and various craters on the moon, [pplus it talks about stars. i find it hard to hold open and the book is pretty thick. theres also a book by patrick moore called guide to night sky, that book talks about the various stars throughout the year and briefly mentions the planets and the solar system but has less information. this book isnt thick and i find it easier to hold rather than the guide to stars and planets book which is fairly thick. which book would i benefit from?

Hi Ash,

Turn Left At Orion, recommended by many people here, shows you how to navigate your way around the sky, I think there’s a post in The Lounge so you can get an idea of what it’s all about, I got mine in Waterstones so had a chance to have a quick read before buying. No glossy pictures mind if that’s what you’re after.

I’ve just picked up Norton’s Star Atlas and Reference Handbook, again no glossy pics, more like a “school text book”, I think it’s well worth the money, I did read somewhere that “it ages like a good bottle of wine”

Cheers

Neil

Archived