Telescope advice - 130PM or 130P SupaTrak?

ah that might explain why FLO don't have it

saw a 130PM on another online store

I have the 130P with the EQ2 motor kit on order with FLO it is the 130PM but with a better motor.

though I am still waiting on delivery :-(

I have the 130P with the EQ2 motor kit on order with FLO it is the 130PM but with a better motor.

though I am still waiting on delivery :-(

That would be a wee bit dearer than i'd hoped to pay

Is the SupaTrak set-up really inferior to the EQ2 set-up?

That would be a wee bit dearer than i'd hoped to pay

Is the SupaTrak set-up really inferior to the EQ2 set-up?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the supatrak is an ALT az mount and if you like myself are planning a bit of astrophotography then this is not the right mount,

and before everyone starts saying that you need a EQ5 or better for astophoto I cant afford one yet :-)

The 130PM at the cheapest I have seen is £202 + P+P the 130p + motor kit is only £226 from FLO I think that you might get SGL discount too :-)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the supatrak is an ALT az mount and if you like myself are planning a bit of astrophotography then this is not the right mount,

and before everyone starts saying that you need a EQ5 or better for astophoto I cant afford one yet :-)

The 130PM at the cheapest I have seen is £202 + P+P the 130p + motor kit is only £226 from FLO I think that you might get SGL discount too :-)

I think i have come down to two options

130P Supatrak or

130P + get a motor at a later date

my quandry is

in the future, i'd hope to get some photography done

the ALT-AZ stand of the SupaTrak rules that out

but the EQ2 stand with the 130P would need upgrading anyway

so, for future photography - both mounts would need upgrading

so, its either - sacrifice a motor just now to get EQ mount experience OR get the package just now and get used to motor use and telescope use

its driving me insane, my indecision!!

Archived