NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DEMO OF THE ATIK 16HR FOR MOONDOG

Md was asking how much more sensitive is the ccd i have, than his canon, well i cant put that into figures ,maybe someone else can , but just to show how sensitive this beast is i have done a little demo image of M42 , its by no means a Roger finished image , but what it does show ,is how good this camera is as regards getting that Data fast and on screen , although not a faint and hard target to get , this will give you some idea what 50 of these subs would bring out, even the running man is showing signs at !! WAIT FOR IT!! JUST 3 SUBS OF 45 SECS, but i must say it would have been the same for two subs , so this ,when the weather is fine again, and in an LRGB is going to be mind blowing , all of my images are processed through Maxim , i use the digital process after combining , this brings out all that hidden data , from then i stretch the image ,until we get something like this , in a good image i would then run Noels Actions and further photoshop processes, hope this shows a little more about the capabilities of the 16hr.

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

Thanks for the info Rog.

What scope did you use ? I used the 5 ins TAL frac.

I've done a quick calculation based on my M42 image and yours.

I reckon the Atik16R is about 12 times more sensitive than the Canon 350D !

I used ImagesPlus to combine and process the image with the digital development module. This is the same module as Maxim DL. It was apparently developed by a Japanese guy. I also stretched the final image to bring out the detail. This should mean both images had about the same processing - and you still ended up with more detail !

Makes you think............

8)

MD

Archived