EQMOD - Starting out with it

My first session with EQMOD tonight and it works! I don't know why I am surprised but I am! Anyway I've found the Moon:rolleyes: and Jupiter:rolleyes: and Uranus first slew:)!!

However a few problems due to my ineptitude:

How do I "park" and "unpark" ? I get stuck in "parked" and have to re-launch EQASCOM to do anything - any ideas?

The game controller works ok(:)) but can you set it up to sync using a key?? (I think I'm being dumb here - but is there a way)?

At the moment its taking pictures of M42 which is actually passing behind a small silver birch! But I may get something even if its only the knowledge that it tracks OK!!

(PS Last night was a bit of a laugh - I went in for my supper with the scope (not on EQMOD) just tracking and taking pics of the Pleiades - I came in and "just to be neat and tidy" closed the lid of the lappy!! OOPS!! It switched itself off :evil6: - - - Still learning!! )

Thanks - I've seen the Park/Unpark button but when using it the software says "Can't slew whilst parked" (or similar)?

That means you are parked. You need to click the Park/Unpark button on the driver to unpark and you will be able to slew again.

Chris

Yup - read the manual and watched Chris' tutorial vidoeos over and over. The parked problem seems to have resolved itself! The mount is tracking well and goto is a joy (lazy so-and-so that I am in my old age!!). It is still useful to know the night sky as I only have a 6' x 6' observatory and I have to know where to duck and dive to when the 200P starts to move!! Its QUICK!!

Archived