NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY8L incoming...

I was not going to buy a camera but saw the atik 16hrc for sale, there is a connection, so having talked myself into that i found i couldnt buy it as iwasnt able to do the required form of payment (plus i am one of those dodgey people living in another country who keep pestering uk sellers...i am prince nambuku from namibia...i really do have 4 million to give you!)

So having already prepared myself for being in trouble the logic went.."in for a penny in for a pound" so i ordered a qhy8l for 990€. now do i tell the wife now or let her find out when she signs for it?

So, i have a 6meg pixel 3000x2000 colour camera with 7.8 x 7.8 size pixels coming in a professional looking barrel shape.

The plan is now to have the qhy with the oag and dsi on the c11 (did anyone understand all that??)

Then stick the art285 mono and filter wheel on the ed80....and finaly admit psycobilly was very perceptive when pointing out that it sounded like i had already planned it all.

I will let you all know what the service is like from Lunatico and cant wait for first light!

Lol... nice one Neil.. I will be interested seeing how you get on with it...

Getting stuff delivered to work helps avoid questions...

Billy...

I am working away from the office...doh!

Riklaunin- yep! Thats what i am hoping as i love all the little galaxies and planetary nebs...want a decent go at Stephan's quintet as well.

Archived