SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Maxim DL & SXVF-H16 Cooler Control Query

BlueAstra

When I use Maxim DL to control a SXVF-H16 (the older version without setpoint cooling) there is a cooler control in the camera control window. I presume it switches the TEC cooler on and off, but there is no mention of controlling the TEC in the SX manual. So, can I ignore it (H16 is on all the time by default?), or should I switch the TEC on/off with maxim DL? And if I do should I use the 'warm up' button before switching off (for how long?)? One other thing, the TEC contol has a set point temperature button (currently set to -25C), and shows a 'sensor temp' of 3003.7. Can these values also be ignored?

It won't do anything with the older H16 so don't worry about it. The cooler is just on all the time.

For future reference should you ever need it, with the newer models you need to power up the camera before the computer, or the cooling option will be greyed out.

Cheers and happy new year :(

Rob

Archived