NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cleaning LPR Filters????

I everyone in SGL!

I know that this might be a stupid question to ask for, but I have to ask it anyway.

How do you clean LPR Filters????

I know that cleaning lenses and eyepieces,firstly you can use a lens blower brush to blow dust and debris, than use a lens tissue or cotton buds (for eyepieces) with a tiny drop of lens cleaner solution. Than gently wipe the surface until dry and smear free whilst changing cotton buds or lens tissue at same time.

However with my LPR filters looking dusty and one of them as a finger print mark on the surface.

However is cleaning the LPR filters the same as cleaning lenses or eyepieces with same process I've just mentioned or is there another way to do this????

However with the delicate and precision coatings on these filters, I would not dive in to try out myself until I've found from reilable source of info from more expeirenced Astronomers!!

Please guys on SGL help me with this dilemma???

Archived