Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Automatically start telescope connection in Maxim DL

RyanParle

I am having a small problem in automating my telescope with CCDC, after a little bit of messing around i have now managed to get everything working as it should, apart from one small element... Guiding

now the guiding appears to work at least on a false guide star! but i cant seem to make it automated as i use EQMOD and its pulse guide feature, this needs maxim to be connected to the mount/telescope so the guiding commands can be sent. But as CCDC controls the mount directly it does not tell maxim to start a connection to the mount, only the cameras.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get maxim to connect to the telescope on launch?

as i say everything else appears to work nicely but i will always need to be there to press the button in order to connect maxim with the mount!

No worries, Matt has fixed CCDC to start the telescope control within maxim. works like a charm now!

I'm really impressed with Matt's work on CCDC I have had a couple small issues which I have mentioned on the Yahoo group, usually within 12 hours Matt has created a new version and fixed the problem! I wish the likes of Microsoft were the same!!

Glad you got it sorted so quickly -- that is a fast development response time :(

For reference, to get MaximDL (v5 at least) to connect everything on start-up;

File->Settings->General(tab)

Tick "Connect to all equipment"

Yes it is a fast development time, although it did need an upgrade of maxim DL from v4.48 to v5.12 (apparently 5.08 is sufficient) in order to support the automation.

I did notice the connect to all equipment setting, but it is not required as CCDC takes care of triggering the connection.

Archived