NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First night out!!

just a update guys. i went out about 1615 i could see jupiter with my eyes! i couldnt wait to get the scope on it i took me 14 mins to catch a glimpse ( the finder is poo *cough*) but when i had it, it was brilliant. after about an hour i came home. i looked in the garden to see if i could see it and i could, so the scope came out and i found it a lot easier this time. I have came in now but left the mount out because i want to see m42 which will be in the same sort of place around 2300 any tips for me to find m42 would be apprciated thanks once again.

alex.

Have you worked out where the compass points are from your garden? It really helps when you are using Stellarium or planisphere to find constellations. Also I think constellations are bigger than one realises from the map (or smaller - I forget which ! ).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived