NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2x Barlow

Hi Folks,

I am about to purchase a Celestron nexstar 127SLT, and would like peoples opinions on a 2x barlow lens. I quite like the look of the Tal (in my price range) or even the skywatcher deluxe, but will it be ok with my scope? I have heard that there are long and short barlows and it is confusing. Help !!!

Hi Donkeyears,

you will ok using either of these barlows, I think the Tal is the better. They are are a good way to increase your ep options although I prefer to leave out that choice and stick to the ep, less links in the chain and less chance to drop something. The longer types are apparently superior with less CA (chromatic aberration). Make sure you buy one that is not in the range of your ep's ie, if you have a 30mm, 20mm, 10mm and 5mm ep's get a 2.5x or 3x rather than 2x which will replicate their focal lengths. Hope this helps.

Alan

Archived