Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

25-Nov-2010 Jupiter and Io's shadow

cgarry

Last night I was playing around with some imaging settings and caught Io's shadow on Jupiter (I think). In the 21:31 picture I think Io can be seen leaving Jupiter's disc in the top-right of the image, or it could be a smudge on my monitor!

Also, it looks like the GRS was just starting to put in an appearance by the end.

It was absolutely freezing last night, which is why I was glad to be inside controlling all this from my nice warm lounge. I'm not sure my little Netbook was quite as happy running VNC outside in a cardboard box for protection from the cold.

Anyway, the final pic:

compositei.jpg

Chris

I think there needs to be a few more frames for a decent animation. If only I didn't have to defrost the corrector plate at the start I would have had a few shots of the shadow entering the disc.

Hopefully with the skills I learnt on the beginners imaging day I can improve on this in the future.

Archived