taking pics with a non slr

morning all

i was readidng that my telescope has a mount on top for a camera(non slr) and i was reading in my booklet that i can get a lead that connects it to my scope. (celestron astromaster 130eg)

now i cannot get acrobat to work on my pc :D so cannot read up on this fully. using disc that came with scope

so the question is can i take pics with a normal camera attached to my scope with a lead rather than a slr screwwed into eye piece.

and if yes could anyone post a linky of said lead please

thx all star

:)

You can take pictures in two ways. Use your mount to track objects (if your mount is motorised) but this uses the cameras own lens and not the telesope optics

or

you can use your camera to take photos through the eye piece of the telescope using a device which clamps round the EP and holds the camera using its tripod mounting screw in the correct position. (Afocal Photography).

Archived