Satellites

I've managed to find a few Messier objects now but over the last 2 nights I seem to have seen about 4 or 5 satellites while viewing the Sword Handle.

2 were visible with the naked eye but the others weren't.

I think one must have been a meteor because of its direction and speed but I didn't get a chance to see it with the naked eye, it just flashed across the scope.

I've checked on the Heavens Above site and I don't think I saw the ISS this time.

My question is how many satellites could you expect to see in an evenings sky watching?

My question is how many satellites could you expect to see in an evenings sky watching?

If you're looking through a scope, the answer is LOADS. Once you start imaging it's amazing how many frames are marred by the trails of all the junk up there. Even with the naked eye or bins you should expect to see dozens in a night's viewing.

Archived