NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQmod and Bluetooth Devices

Hi,

Has anyone used a Bluetooth number pad to operate n EQ6 Pro scope using the EQmod setup, I have seen posts on here using the logitech wireless number pad but no real mention if a Bluetooth version like this one could be used Microsoft Bluetooth Number Pad: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories I have looked on the Yahoo EQmod group board but there’s not much to confirm if anyone has had any success. I would like to avoid unnecessary dongles sticking out of my laptop. I have USB hub that could accommodate it but I just thought why not utilize the Bluetooth function on my laptop.

Any advice or thoughts on this?

Acme

I dont see any reason why any numeric pad will not work with EQmod, it simply requires a key press from any key on a number pad

the pad you mention is a number pad the same as any other, a human interface device!

provided you have either a bluetooth dongle/pcmcia/express card or integrated bluetooth in your laptop then it should be fine.

Using an old Xbox controller with a an Xbox pc wirless dongle I have linked through my Laptop to the HEQ5 using EQMOD......

There is also something that I want to try when I get some money... Q-waves Wireless USB Data Kit upgrade exisiting USB devices and turn them into Wireless USB devices- microdirect.co.uk

This allows the wireless control of any USB device. I am going to try linking all USB devices onto a HUB then connect the dongle above and see if I can use it with one USB port on the laptop.

Using an old Xbox controller with a an Xbox pc wirless dongle I have linked through my Laptop to the HEQ5 using EQMOD......

There is also something that I want to try when I get some money... Q-waves Wireless USB Data Kit upgrade exisiting USB devices and turn them into Wireless USB devices- microdirect.co.uk

This allows the wireless control of any USB device. I am going to try linking all USB devices onto a HUB then connect the dongle above and see if I can use it with one USB port on the laptop.

I think you will struggle with bandwidth if you send all that data through bluetooth! there were a few threads on the EQmod yahoo group some time ago discussing using BT dongles to control the mount alone and it was decided by many that it is simply too risky to control the mount via BT.

Archived