Error with b/w images in Registax

I am new to using Registax and am trying to process my husband's photos. He got a new webcam and it created pictures of Jupiter in black and white as wmv files. I converted the wmv files to avi files and when I did a select in Registax and tried to select the avi file I get an error message: AVI decompression codec:xvidvids. I did a search for this error message and the only place I could find it was in an article about Linux. I am NOT using Linux, I am using Windows 7. Does anyone have any ideas on what I might have done wrong or a better converter program to convert them to avi files?

Judging by the "XVID" error message, it seems youve encoded it to an AVI using the XVID codec (which might not be recgonised by registax).

First, try coverting it again using whatever util you used (I use nerovision, comes as part of nero 9). But, choose "no compression" as your AVI codec type. Depending on how long the video is, it might create a large file size in raw mode so make sure you have the disk space.

Registax should take it no problem after that.

Archived