I have a Celestron Astromaster 130 eq, which I have had some positive use out of. However, I feel that I have somewhat constrained by the duff eyepieces that come with it and so recently ordered some new plossls and a barlow.

The lensese arrived early this week and ever since I have been looking forward to seeing a more enlarged view Jupiter than I have previously been able to achieve.

Problem is, the skies have been COMPLETELY COVERED WITH CLOUD ever since. Just checked BBC forecast, and it's forecast cloudy for the next week!

Can someone please make the clouds go away!!!

Welcome to the forum!

As any experienced astronomer will tell you, when you purchase new kit you get bad weather, which then leads to rant and vicious online astro shop browsing, resulting on new kit purchase and consequent bad weather... It's a never ending cycle and I'm afraid there's no way around it! :eek:

I have a Celestron Astromaster 130 eq, which I have had some positive use out of. However, I feel that I have somewhat constrained by the duff eyepieces that come with it and so recently ordered some new plossls and a barlow.

The lensese arrived early this week and ever since I have been looking forward to seeing a more enlarged view Jupiter than I have previously been able to achieve.

Problem is, the skies have been COMPLETELY COVERED WITH CLOUD ever since. Just checked BBC forecast, and it's forecast cloudy for the next week!

Can someone please make the clouds go away!!!

Hope the clouds clear soon for you (and the rest of us !) :eek:

When they do, don't be tempted to crowd on too much power when viewing Jupiter. I've found 130x-150x to work best, even with my 10" scope.

It's better to have a smaller but crisp and contrasty image than it is to have an enlarged but blurry one :)

Archived