NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dutch astro websites, shops and resources?

Ags

I'm moving to Holland, to a city, but I hope I will still get some good views of the planets. I'll have to start astrocamping I guess.

Does anyone know any Dutch astro resources, like websites, forums and shops? Ik spreekt een beetje nederlands... (Well, I understand Dutch pretty well, I speak it a bit, and I can hardly write it at all!)

I'm not even sure what the Dutch words for 'amateur astronomy' or 'stargazing' are, so I don't even know what to google.

The prices here are a little higher than a number of other outlets - notably those in Germany.

Ganymedes Webwinkel - Al meer dan 30 jaar het vertrouwde verkooppunt van Nederland in sterrenkijkers, verrekijkers en microscopen. Ganymedes, waar service nog bestaat! and they have a real shop in Amstelveen

Apart from the large items, FLO does a great service to The Netherlands.

Light pollution is bad in this part of the country, I'm near Schiphol and in the middle of a region with many commercial green houses which emit an orangey/pinky light at night. I have not yet mustered up the energy to trek to darker skies but may try it this winter. Anyway welcome to NL !

The last time I was in Holland I don't think I ever saw much more than the Moon and Ursa Major. I'm hoping I will be able to view planets, doubles, clusters and maybe even some nebulae (after I buy a Baader UHC-S filter).

Archived