NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescopes UK

BinocularSky

Ordered a 7Ah Pentaflex PowerTank from them. Communication was good and delivery was prompt.

However, the instruction manual, such as it was, was in Spanish. I got it translated and found that it referred to a different product (it had switch positions that are non-existent on the product they sent).

I got it charged anyway, but it was clear that the lights do not mean what the captions on them say (issues of, amongst other things, mutual exclusivity).

I emailed Telescopes UK, asking for comprehensive details on what each indicator light indicated. The response, from someone called Tim Kennett, was rapid but incomplete ("When all the lights are lit the Power Tank is fully charged.") -- didn't respond to what I actually asked. They offered to send me an English version of the manual if I gave them my address (odd, because they already had it from when they sent me the device!)

I repeated my question again, in slightly different words, but making it clear that I wanted to know what each LED meant when the device was in use; I received exactly the same answer about when it was being charged, only in slightly different words.

I was obviously not asking my question in a way that Mr Kennet could understand, so I became more detailed, referring specifically to each indicator LED. Mr Kennet did not answer these questions, but merely repeated what he said the first time. I got the distinct impression that he was doing his best not to give me any more than the minimal amount of information that he could get away with.

I asked why they put the the captions on each indicator LED if they didn't actually mean anything. He unhelpfully referred me to a Spanish language web site which did not have anything remotely like the PowerTank on it.

The so-called "English language" manual arrived a couple of weeks later. It was clearly one of the Chinese-English attempts -- and it was for a different product, referring to things that the product they sent me does not have.

This outfit was pretty good at shifting boxes on time, but pretty darned useless with customer support.

Archived