NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skyliner cooling fans?

I've noticed that on the Skywatcher 350P the primary mirror cell has three places, with pre-drilled holes, for cooling fans to be installed.

I was wondering if there was an online retailer that sold fans that are wired for connecting to a power tank - a 12v car plug?

I have a selection of PC cooling fans at home but with me being so busy lately I just don't have to the time to spend on changing wiring etc so in an effort to save time I would find it much handier to buy them.

I am not aware of any but this could be easily remedied. just use three of the fans you have and connect the three reds together and the three blacks together either with solder, a spade connector or a connecting block. then join to a wired 12v car plug on the other side of the connection. simples. I did this http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/115026-ongoing-mods-my-orion-optics-uk-6-f11-planetary-dobsonian.html scroll down to posts 19-21

Archived