Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - 20 October

DarkerSky

Jupiter with my 16" at x215 magnifcation. Seeing was a bit ropey at times down to IV. Some moments of II.

16" x215 magnifcation

20.15 UT

System I - 283 degrees

System II - 37 degrees

Jupiter20Oct.jpg

The NEB had many darker features in its northern component, including a dark line defining its edge and two dark flattish ovals close to the CM. Right on the following edge was a dark nodule next to a light bay of material that seemed to bubble into the NEB. I have seen this feature at regular intervals this apparition.

The best part of the NEB this time though was the extensive white rift that cut through the southern part of the NEB. Really liked that!

The SEB was visible but faint as has been the case this apparition. Two slightly darker areas were seen in the SEB. Interestingly these seemed to help identify a ghostly white large oval in the EZ.

In the south the STB and SSTB were noticeable. The SSTB in particualr was quite dark through its central portion.

In the NPR dark shading was seen. The NTB was again quite subdued, save a few darker areas and a rift just to the left of the CM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived