NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with Photoshop CS5!!

I've just loaded this software (PS5 extended) and appeared to get a clean installation BUT I simply cannot open any pictures!!

Using the "open" command all I get is the picture of choise appearing for a second or two and then a message saying that "Photoshop has stopped working" and windows will close the program and give a solution. It doesn't!!

Using Windows 7 if that helps!

Another thing that might be worth trying is disabling the Open GL Accelerated features - they are in Edit -> Preferences and then you have two places to make changes under GPU settings and possibly the 3D settings sections...

Do this before trying to open an image...

Peter...

Thanks Peter - I've just spoken to Adpbe again and they suggested unchecking the Open GL features and renaming the: /Program Files/Adobe/PhotoshopCS5/Plug-ins/extensions/scripting support (an "8LI" file) to something else. This appears to have worked. They suggested that when I get a computer with a better graphics card this can be re-loaded and will work properly - so for the time being all is apparently well.

Archived