Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another coupla wazzats

Great 2 last nights total clear skies, though moon gives its hazy glow to drown out some deep stuff.

One. About 21.22 last night was looking just N or NNW of Vega with a wide view when a bright single object came rushing through, it was heading about due E. Looking up visually could see it but wasn't enough to be an aircraft and speed was far too fast. . I can't see satellites visually and any I've seen pass in an EP or followed with binocs are much dimmer than this was. I nipped in to get the binocs and followed it for about 3 secs whereupon its shine faded as it got overhead. It definitely faded as opposed to sudden or flare out.

Whaddya think, ISS losing the sun?

Two, much later after midnight. Looking at Orion and M42 wide enough to just exclude the star groups N and S of it. Quite a big trailing white object suddenly whizzed in from the top - would have come down from Mintaka probably - and just evaporated before the bottom of EP. Meteor, yeah?

Archived