SW MN190 & Bobs Knobs

Hi

I originally aquired about these for my MN190 from Bobs Knobs, for the last month or so I have been helping Bob from Bobs Knobs to test out some prototype knobs for the MN190. So here's some images of the Knobs, I would like to think he'll have them available soon to MN190 owners.

A couple of pictures from the Primary Mirror area, the longer knobs are the primary locking knobs & shorter ones are for collimation & with the secondary knobs fitted..

P1010067.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010097.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem

• 4 months later...

Yep, just unscrew one screw at a time, as you do, replace it with a knob - before moving onto the next screw. So for example the primary collimation screws. I would start with the primary locking screws, then the primary collimation screws.

Nadeem.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Nadeem - All sorted - Arrived this morning, fitted, collimated... and now waiting. I thought I might try the ball-bearing "star" test sometime this week, as going by the weather forecast, that's about as close as I'm going to get to seeing a star this week :).

Hi Cat - Admittedly, I only got the primary knobs, but they made it SO much easier for me. I used to be a little afraid of the "dark art of collimation", but the knobs coupled with a Hotech make it a 2 minute job so I've now built it into my setup process :)

Archived