Lens to use?

Just bought myself a CGEM 1100 and trying to build up my lens collection, you get a 40mm With the scope and I've just bought a celesteon 8-24mm zoom lens? Does anyone else have any recomendations for planets and deep space? I'm eventually going to learn how to do astrophotography, got my canon 550d ready and waiting, any advice on this would be appreciated as well.

For larger dso's you might benefit from a couple of half decent wide angle low power ep's (perhaps 30mm and 40mm). With near Televue performance the William Optics Uwans are a very nice buy. But do check the s/h market before buying new. The "for sale" section here has some great bargains and you'll get pristine condition from most members.

:(

yeah u are pretty much covered there for a while,maybe a barlow lens to double the strength of any eyepiece u put in,so u can get your zoom lens down to x4.

Using a x2 barlow in that scope with the zoom set to 8mm is going to give you x700 you will never use that sort of power.

Archived