NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Double Star

matteboy

Gotta let ya know I've found my first double star, the beak of the Swan, or to everyone else on here, Albireo, saw the colour difference blue and orange and I went all tingly when I found it! Failed to find Uranus again, I'll get it one day! Jupiter was the best focus I've ever had saw the band in the top half. Also had a meteor that made me jump, I think it was coming straight for me, never had that before:D So good to see some stars again, it's been a long time waiting for the fluffy stuff to go away:hello2:

Well done Matt !.

Your 60mm F/15 scope will be pretty good for double stars and Albireo is one of the best. Have you tried Epsilon in Lyra yet - the famous "double double" ? - it's well worth a go and not far from Vega in the same constellation. You will need your max magnification I reckon but it might be splittable with a 60mm on a good night.

Archived