Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 Again.....

Well on Thursday the clouds parted and I tried my hand at the North America again.

24 x ~120subs giving about 50min of exposure. Darks and Bias.

digz-albums-widefield-picture6949-ncg7000-iteration-1.jpg

I did take some Flats and Dark Flats but when these were added into the mix it made vignetting worse than ever and actually didn't help at all - does anyone know what the problem would be here?

Took a lot of processing (again) and I used a new technique to bring out the colour - converting to LAB and tweaking the a and b channels - someone here (I think) pointed to this but its been a long week and I cant remember who or what the site was :icon_salut::( I tried several iterations in DSS of various settings either by myself or using the recommended settings and then played out with the curves and RGB sliders in DSS before finishing in PS. Cant remember exactly what I did but it kinda looks ok.

This is actually a crop of a wider frame, which I may post later, which over 10,000 stars counted ;):eek:

Hope you like and any comments / critique are always welcome

Archived