NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7000 area : Total rework in my processing methods

Catanonia

I have been trying for ages to get my processing of Ha and LRGB images right. Thanks to all especially Olly for the advice on how to blend it all.

I thought I was doing it right, but had a complete re think on the methods used and I think I have cracked it.

Here is the reworked image in HaRGB.

I took the RGB (45mins each channel in 5 min subs) and then used the Ha layered 'lighten' method to combine the data. The Ha was 100mins in 10 min subs.

Had a play and slowly merged in the Ha and looks ok i think.

NGC7000 Final Small.jpg

Here is the full size image

http://extraview.dnsalias.com/temp/QHY9/NGC7000 Final Large.jpg

Yup, that's a tough one. What were the RGB stars like? Is it the Ha that has cooked them, I wonder? You can select the stars (via Noel's Actions or Martin B's tutorial), expand and feather the selection, then partially erase them from th Ha layer boefore flattening it onto the red.

Olly

Yes, am loosing star colour with the merging of Ha. Not sure what is going on and need to perfect my technique a little more with it.

Will carry on playing with the work cycle and see if I can rectify it.

Love this forum and the expert help that is available, really helps you progress so a massive thanks to all :)

Archived