Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with the 66.

simon84

Well I'm not feeling to great at the moment so I thought I would try and cheer myself up with a bit of simple imaging.

Going to be using the WO66 with the 1000D with the CLS CCD filter on the NEQ6.

No guiding, just a decent polar alignment and see what it can do. I'm hoping this will give me a nice widefield option but as I am having to use an SCT to T thread adapter to get the camera on there I'm a bit worried that vignetting might be a real problem.

Not sure if an SCT to 2" adapter will help otherwise it might be time to re-consider the scope choice and maybe move up to an 80 instead.

When I do set the guiding up I will be using a QHY5 with an adapted 50mm finder scope. I have that mounted in a small set of guidescope rings which I can then mount on to the top of the WO finder block (once its drilled and tapped) and have the guiding system mounted into the finder shoe of the 120. That in turn will have an extra screw popped into it to help stability.

This should allow me to have both scopes set up for imaging and if the 66 dosnt work out as planned then we shall see.

I suppose a Megrez 72 wouldnt be a bad bet as they already have a 2" focuser on it, I think.......

Totally clouded out here so I didnt even get a chance to find out if the scope would cause me any problems.

Did however manage to get my "new to me" Vaio home tonight and start installing all the relevant software.

Better luck next time.

Archived