Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An honest M45

glennbech

Hi,

I took this two nights back. It is 16x9 minutes (2,5 hours) @ ISO 800. By putting "honest" in the title, I mean that I have not done anything else than level adjustments and a quick Deep Space Noise Reduction (Noel's actions)

All calibration frames were taken except bias. The darks are taken on the next night, and there might be a slight mismatch. You can see a green gradient on the right hand side.

I am getting more and more happy about the focus and tracking of my system now. If you want, you can download a the full, uncropped frame here.

The "red/brown" stuff is starting to come through. I may add some 15 minute subs to the stack later.

honest_m45_1100.jpg

Thanks Karlo,

Yes I certainly am. The latest addition to my kit is a 12v power supply adapter for my canon 10D. (On it's way from astronomiser)

The Norwegian winter has 10-12 hours/night in winter, and 20 degrees celcius below zero. I hope to get some serious imaging done :-)

Archived