NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQDIR from FLO

I'm trying to get my EQDIR working, its an Hitecastro one from FLO, the direct USB one.

I got the correct dirvers installed, the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518.

However when I plug it in to the USB and mount XP is asking me to insert the diskette with the file ser2pl as it can't find it on my system.

I found a website that had that file that could be downloaded and it made ref to problematic proflic drivers, I added that to WINDOWS\system32\drivers and it looks like it installs OK. XP tells me that it's ready to use etc.

However When opening EQMOD to and setting the port it fails to see it and connect to it.

I mailed FLO but still not heard anything back.

Hope someone knows what to do here !

When starting EQMOD for the first time you need to run the script "setup EQASCOM"

This will allow you to select the port that your EQDIR has assigned itself to and pop your GPS info in. Once you've set that up click ok and then run the script "start EQASCOM"

These scripts can be found in the EQMOD folder after clicking "start" and then "all programs".

Hope that helps.

Archived