NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 300P Advice please.

Earl

I have all the gear now to set this up (except a PSU for the mount which id swear is been delivered by hand, walking from where ever !!!, ( and this is not the end of my useless delivery times this week either im waiting on 4 parcels atm... GRRR)).

I digress.... LOL RANT RANT

Right then, this is Heavy Gear and I have never set one up, I will be doing this alone also.

Afaik. I set up the Mount & Tripod, put the extension bar on with all 4 weights?, attach Dovetail and rings.

Then put the OTA on Last and Balance it all out... ( i type that so easily I bet the reality will be far from it....)

thats it job done?

And yes I am considering going to the Gym to Beef up due to this beast !!!

LOL

Then put the OTA on Last and Balance it all out... ( i type that so easily I bet the reality will be far from it....)

Yes ... and probably yes ... :D

I'd really recommend getting a second pair of hands if you can, at least while you work out the best way to do it. The 300p is not an easy thing to EQ mount unless you're built like a loosehead prop

Hi mate,

Thats exactly how I used to do it. Rings open ready to take the scope. I was able to mount the scope on my own but most nights my wife would help out.

If you squat in front of the scope and tilt to one side, get one hand underneath it and the other around it and then stand up, you can then gently lay the scope flat across the arm that is around it and then finally lift it into the rings, once there it wont go anywhere. That method did test my back a bit.

I am over 18 stone though and played tackle for the local American footie team....lol :D

LOL, small world, I played for the Basildon Chiefs who are now known as the Essex Spartans, I remember Dermot O'Leary used to play for the Ipswich Cardinals and played as a linebacker, that was when I was playing tightend, if memory serves me well I put him on his backside a few times.

Sorry to hear about the ankles.

Glad to hear though that your going to start using it soon. I saw on the astrobootsale some flat packed dob bases going for £30, not sure if they will fit a 12" but might be worth a look.

Archived